True Cut Ranch, at 5221 Bolick Road, Claremont, North Carolina, is a family-owned and family-operated farm. It’s owned by a family from Charlotte that left successful construction companies behind to pursue ranching full-time.
True Cut Ranch knows that food grown on healthy land with healthy farming practices is healthy food, and they’re serious about being stewards of the land.
The ranch, in Catawba County, is about an hour from the center of Charlotte, to the north, and closer to the Lake Norman region.
Check out our lists of farmers’ markets and u-pick farms for all seasons in the Charlotte area!
About the Ranch
The cows are 100% grass-fed. They are rotationally grazed, meaning that they graze in a different area of pasture every day. This improves the soil, gives a better life to the animals, and, eventually, provides healthier, more delicious beef.
Turkeys and chickens are raised outdoors in mobile coops, with plenty of access to fresh grass and fresh air. They eat by foraging and with non-GMO feed.
Laying hens are pasture-raised, with non-GMO feed. You can visit the ranch and see where the eggs are laid and where the hens forage.
Visiting True Cut Ranch
There will be many opportunities to visit the ranch throughout the year and to experience some farm activities.
True Cut Ranch is holding Spring Chicken Weekend April 20-22, 2023:
- Thursday, April 20: 12 p.m. to 3 p .m.
- Friday, April 21: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, April 22: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
During the Open Weekend you can go on a tour of the farm, and see cows, chickens, goats and pigs.
Highlights of the Visits
- On Thursday, April 20, there will be two free walking tours of the farm, including one just for homeschoolers at 12:20 p.m. Watch the pigs get their afternoon feeding and watch the eggs get gathered.
- On Friday, April 21, watch one of the goats, Clover, get milked during the 12:30 p.m. tour.
- On Saturday, April 22, weather permitting, they’ll be grilling and selling burgers with the grass-fed beef. There will be three walking tours, at 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
There will be chicken, eggs, honey and beef available for purchase in their fridge and freezers, but it’s recommended that you order in advance, as quantities will be limited for some items.
Make sure to sign up for True Cut Ranch’s email newsletter to keep up on events and products.
Your order can be picked up at the ranch, during specified times. Charlotte-area drop-offs are also available. If you have questions about the products, or you’d like a farm tour, or need information on how to receive your order, send a message through True Cut Ranch’s contact page.
Some products for sale (not always available) include:
- 10 pounds of grass-fed ground beef
- 1 pound of grass-fed ground beef
- Whole chicken (small, medium or large)
- Beef brisket
- Beef, chuck roast
- Beef, London Broil
- Beef, Marrow Bones
- Beef, New York Strip Steak
- Beef, Tenderloin
- Half Beef
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Chicken Feet
- Chicken Leg