Update: The Charlotte St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Charlotte Goes Green Festival have been canceled.
St. Patrick’s Day will be celebrated in Charlotte with the Charlotte St. Patrick’s Day Parade and the Charlotte Goes Green Festival on Saturday, March 14th, 2020.
Charlotte Patrick’s Day Parade
The parade, featuring neighborhood associations, schools, alumni groups, cheerleading and drill teams, international organizations, police, fire, elected officials and commercial businesses, will step off at Tryon & 9th Street at 11 a.m.
It then marches south to 3rd Street where it takes a left and marches down 3rd St. to Caldwell.
Last year over 80,000 spectators watched the parade.
This year’s parade will have over 135 entries that include:
- Pipe bands
- Irish dancers
- Drum lines
- Beauty queens
The Grand Marshal of the 24th Annual Charlotte St. Patrick’s Day is Jim Mannix, President of the Notre Dame Club of Charlotte.
Charlotte Goes Green Festival
The Charlotte Goes Green / St. Patrick’s Day Festival will be held on Saturday March 14, 2020 in Uptown Charlotte on S. Tryon Street from 3rd Street to Levine Avenue of the Arts.
The hours of the festival are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The festival will include:
- Irish and Celtic product vendors
- Arts and crafts vendors
- Celtic Kidz Zone
- Live music
- Irish dancers
- Plenty of food and beverages
There is no admission charge to the event, but some of the activities have costs associated with them.
Stage Schedule for Charlotte Goes Green Festival
Performances will take place on the Main Stage, located in front of Duke Energy Building on Tryon Street at Duke Energy Building.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm – Recorded Music (Irish & Celtic)
- 12:00pm – 12:20pm – Connick School of Irish Dancing
- 12:30pm – 12:50pm – Charlotte Fire Dept. Pipe & Drums
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm – Mulligan’s Banned
- 1:45pm – 1:50pm – Announce Parade winners
- 1:50pm – 2:10pm – Walsh – Kelley School of Irish Dancing
- 2:20pm – 3:05pm – Federal Clan Kings
- 3:10pm – 3:30pm – Connick School of Irish Dancing
- 3:40pm – 4:30pm – Mulligan’s Banned
- 4:40pm – 5:00pm – Walsh – Kelley School of Irish Dancing
- 5:10pm – 6:00pm – Federal Clan King
Stage Emcee – Wilson from WCCB’s “Wilson’s World”
More St. Patrick’s Day events in the Charlotte area
Check out our big list of St. Patrick’s Day events around Charlotte, or look at some of them here: