St. Patrick’s Day will be celebrated in Charlotte with the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and the Charlotte Goes Green Festival on Saturday, March 16th, 2019.
Scroll down to see a map of where the parade and the festival will be.
Charlotte Patrick’s Day Parade
The parade, featuring neighborhood associations, schools, alumni groups, cheerleading and drill teams, international organizations, police, fire, elected officials and commercial businesses, will step off at Tryon & 9th Street at 11 a.m. It then marches south to 3rd Street where it takes a left and marches down 3rd St. to Caldwell.
Last year over 80,000 spectators watched the parade.
This year’s parade will have over 125 entries that include floats, pipe & drum bands, Irish dancers, musical groups, dancers, lots of dogs, horses, leprechauns and lots of creative marching groups.
The Grand Marshal is Peter Byrne, President of the Charlotte Irish Connection, from Castlebar, County Mayo, Ireland. His career of 23 years with Ireland’s Industrial Development Authority included two terms (13 years) as Vice President Marketing based in IDA Ireland’s New York office.
Charlotte Goes Green Festival
The Charlotte Goes Green / St. Patrick’s Day Festival will be held on Saturday March 16, 2019 in Uptown Charlotte on S. Tryon Street from 3rd to Stonewall St. from 10:00am-6:00pm.
The Festival will feature Irish music and dance performances.
Some of what will be going on at the festival:
- Irish music by The Federal Clan Kings
- Irish Folk band Mulligans Banned
- Connick School of Irish Dance
- Walsh Kelley School of Irish Dance
- A pipe & drum band performance by the Grandfather Mountain Highlanders
- More than 60 vendors that include Irish & Celtic items plus lots of unique arts & crafts & plenty of food & beverages
- Celtic Kid’s Zone
There is no admission charge to the event.
The main stage is in front of the Duke Energy Building on Tryon Street.
Main Stage Schedule:
- 10:00am – 12:00pm – Recorded Music (Irish & Celtic)
- 12:00pm – 12:20pm – Walsh Kelley School of Irish Dancing
- 12:30pm – 12:50pm – Grandfather Mountain Highlanders
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm – Federal Clan Kings
- 1:45pm – 1:50pm – Announce Parade winners
- 1:50pm – 2:10pm – Connick School of Irish Dancing
- 2:20pm – 3:05pm – Mulligan’s Banned
- 3:10pm – 3:30pm – Walsh Kelley School of Irish Dancing
- 3:40pm – 4:30pm – Federal Clan Kings
- 4:40pm – 5:00pm – Connick School of Irish Dancing
5:10pm – 6:00pm – Mulligan’s Banned
Stage Emcee – Wilson from WCCB’s “Wilson’s World.”
Parking information: Parking is prohibited on Tryon Street before and immediately after the parade.
There is a parking deck at the Wells Fargo Atrium & Plaza. The entrance is on Martin Luther King Jr. Street between College & S. Tryon St. There is additional parking at 3 Wells Fargo and The Green parking deck (entrance on College St.), the Duke Energy Building (550 S. Tryon St.) and various public lots on the east side of Tryon St.