Rest in Paper Festival is a NoDa neighborhood takeover on Saturday, November 17th, 2018, from 1 p.m. to midnight.
It’s a fundraiser to help a NEW locally-owned alternative weekly get started. It will replace the now (effectively) defunct Creative Loafing. The former staff of CL is starting this up, so it will be good.
The festival includes live music, a silent auction and performance art.
Charlotte on the Cheap is proud to be one of the sponsors of this festival. We’ll be set up in the vendor area in the alley between JackBeagles and Stu’s Barrel House. Stop by and get something for free, while those somethings last!
A $10 suggested donation will get you a wristband that will get you into all of it. Individual shows will have smaller suggested donations.
Want to make a donation to help support good journalism in Charlotte? You can paypal RestInPaperFest@gmail.com.
Check back soon for information on the bands at each venue, but here’s the schedule and venues:
Canvas Tattoo & Art Gallery (1 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.)
3012 N. Davidson Street
- Faye (1:00 – 1:25)
- Leisure McCorkle (1:30 – 1:55)
- Write The Ship (2:00 – 2:30)
- KANG (2:35 – 3:05)
The Evening Muse (3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
3227 N. Davidson Street
- Israel Gore (3:30pm-3:55)
- Courtney Lynn & Quinn (4:00pm-4:25)
- Sinners & Saints (4:30pm-5:00pm)
JackBeagle’s Noda (5:15 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
3213 N. Davidson Street
- BLACK LINEN (5:15pm – 5:40pm)
- Harvey Cummings II (5:45pm – 6:10pm)
- Nige Hood (6:15pm – 7:00pm)
Sanctuary Pub (7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)
507 E. 36th Street
- Farewell Albatross (7:00pm – 7:25pm)
- Special Guest! (7:30pm – 7:55pm)
- Reaves (8:00pm – 8:30pm)
Canvas Tattoo & Art Gallery (8:45 p.m. to 12 a.m.)
- Dirty South Revolutionaries – DSR (8:45pm – 9:25pm)
- Indigo JO (9:35pm – 10:15pm)
- Amigo (10:25pm – 11:05pm)
- The Business People (11:15pm – 12:00am)
NoDa Company Store (3 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
3221 Yadkin Avenue
- Live performance art
- Jack Beagles (1 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- NoDa Company Store (3 p.m. to 6 p.m.)