Panda Express is celebrating the Lunar New Year by giving you a chance to send a “red envelope” to a friend, through February 28th, 2021.
On the Lunar New Year it’s tradition to give the gift of a red envelope filled with money to friends and family. They symbolize good wishes and luck for the coming year.
Customize and send a Red Envelope from Panda Express for the Lunar New Year.
Your loved one will get $2 off Firecracker Chicken breast with the purchase of a 2-entrée plate, and one free 22-oz drink. And you’ll get a free order of spring rolls to bring prosperity this Lunar New Year!
When you customize Panda Express’ Red Envelope you’ll have the chance to add augmented reality animations and a personal message.
When you’re done customizing it you’ll receive a link that you can email or share a different way.
When your recipient receives the link they will see the message, the animations in their space (via their phone’s camera) and a link to get the coupon.
In Charlotte you’ll find Panda Express at 101 Seneca Place.
Some Fun Facts about the Lunar New Year Red Envelope
- The red color symbolizes good luck and prosperity in many East Asian cultures.
- The red envelope is called hóngbāo.
- Red envelopes are given to children, friends, family, colleagues and relatives.
- Only clean, crisp notes should be put into a red envelope. There are often long lines at banks as people line up to exchange their old bills for new ones.
- These days many people exchange digital red envelopes instead, with money that can be transferred to the recipients accounts, via their smartphones.
- It’s bad luck to give any denomination that includes the number 4, but good luck to include the number 8.
- Traditionally children kneel to receive their red envelope from older family members.
- Red envelopes are given and received with both hands.
- Red envelopes are not opened in the presence of the giver.
Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap
More Lunar New Year Events in CharlotteCheck out our list of Lunar New Year events in Charlotte, or look at a day by day list, here:
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Thursday, February 11, 2021
Friday, February 12, 2021
Saturday, February 13, 2021
Sunday, February 14, 2021
Monday, February 15, 2021
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Thursday, February 18, 2021
Friday, February 19, 2021
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Sunday, February 21, 2021
Monday, February 22, 2021
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Friday, February 26, 2021
Saturday, February 27, 2021