If you’re ready to get behind the microphone and share your talents, Charlotte offers many opportunities. Here’s information about some of the most popular regularly scheduled open mics around town. These events are very inexpensive and entertaining, whether you’re performing or just enjoying the show. There are open mics for musicians, songwriters, comedians and poets. For more information, contact the venue. Do you know of others that should be on this list? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.
Please don’t email me and ask to perform at my open mic. I don’t have an open mic. I’m just sharing a list of open mics around Charlotte.
Make sure to check with the venue or organizer to make sure there hasn’t been a change to the schedule.
You might also be interested in:
- Subscribing to Charlotte on the Cheap’s email list
- Free things to do this week
- Big list of live music in Charlotte this week.
- Find Your Muse: The Evening Muse’s “Find Your Muse” Open Mic: Every Monday at 7:30 p.m. The Evening Muse hosts the popular “Find Your Muse.” Doors open at 7:00 p.m. and signups are at 7:45 p.m. Performers include musicians and sometimes comedians. Each week a professional artist or band performs a mini-set as the featured artist. Cover is $3.
3227 North Davidson Street, 704-376-3737
- Tosco Music Open Mic: Also at The Evening Muse, this open mic takes place the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. Hosted by John Tosco of Tosco Music Party, this event is particularly family friendly and kids are welcome to perform. One song per performer. Cover is $3.
3227 North Davidson Street, 704-376-3737
- Summit Coffee: Weekly Open Mic at Summit Coffee. Wednesday 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.Free.
128 South Main Street, Davidson
- Jack Beagles: Open Mic on the patio every Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Free
3213 North Davidson Street. 704-334-5140
- Legion Brewing: Open mic every Monday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., hosted by Lisa DeNovo. There will be a featured artist as well. Originals only, no covers.
1906 Commonwealth Avenue. 844-467-5683
- Old Pineville Premium Pub: Open mic every Wednesday 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Free drinks for the first 5 acts to sign up. Free.
4548 Old Pineville Rd., 980-430-5403
- Songwriter Open Mic at Petra’s: Open mic every Wednesday at Petra’s, with a weekly featured performer doing a 30 minute set. Sign up at 7:30 p.m. Open Mic is at 8 p.m. $3 cover. Age 21+. Karaoke follows (no cover for Karaoke) at 10 p.m.
1919 Commonwealth Avenue, 704-332-6608
- Blumenthal Open Mic: Blumenthal Performing Arts has an ongoing series of open mics. They are family friendly and take place in McGlohon Theater in Spirit Square. You need to sign up for these in advance by email to email@example.com and names are picked in a lottery about a week before the event. Visit the Blumenthal Performing Arts website to see when the next one will take place. We also keep updated information, when available, on Charlotte on the Cheap. No cover.
345 North College Street, 704-372-1000
- Free the Mic: Mugs Coffee hosts open mics presented by Guerilla Poets. They’re held the 2nd Wednesday of the month, at 7:30 p.m. Sometimes there’s also live painting going on. No cover.
5126 Park Road, 704-733-9014
- Open Mic at Puckett’s Farm Equipment: Every Monday, at 8:00 p.m., Puckett’s Farm Equipment, a bar and music venue in Derita (and yes, it used to sell farm equipment), hosts an open mic that features all kinds of music. No cover. 18+.
2740 West Sugar Creek Road, 704-597-8230
- Wednesday Night Open Mic: Every Wednesday, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Sam Ash Music Stores across the country host open mics for musicians performing original material. Guitarists, keyboard players, folk singers and musicians of all genres are welcome to the Sam Ash sound stage. Performers get a $10 Sam Ash gift card mailed to their home. You might want to give them a call to make sure they’re participating a particular week before you prepare for your performance. No cover.
5533 Westpark Drive, 704-522-9253
- Speak Life Open Mic & Showcase: Every other Thursday at Coffee Cone Café, at 7 p.m. It is billed as presenting positive and uplifting art. See the Facebook event for the dates. No cover.
9620 University City Boulevard
- Smokey Joe’s: Tuesdays at 9 p.m., sing with the house band, the Smokin’ J’s. $3.
510 Briar Creek Road. 704-338-9380
- Mics and Mochas: Comic Girl Coffee has started presenting an open mic Fridays, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Dates are scheduled through January 19th. Check back to see if the series is extended. Suggested $5 donation. Free lattes for performers. Comic Girl Coffee is an inclusive place, very comfortable for the LGBT community.
516 East 15th Street
- Tommy’s Pub: Tommy’s has an open mic every Thursday at 8:30 p.m.
3124 Eastway Drive Suite 710
- Heist Brewery Open Mic: Every Wednesday at 7 p.m., Heist has an open mic in the Canteen Taproom, hosted by Nate Randall. No cover.
2909 North Davidson Street