The new section of the CATS Light Rail will open on Friday, March 16th, 2018, connecting UNC Charlotte, NoDa and more with Center City and the South End.
The first ride from the new stops will be at 10 a.m., including ribbon cutting ceremonies at 9th Street, 36th Street and UNC Charlotte.
Novel NoDa, 424 East 36th Street, right at the 36th Street station, is celebrating with a grand opening party on March 16th, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
There will be breakfast, lunch and evening festivities at the station.
Here’s the schedule:
- 10 a.m. until supplies last: FREE Coffee and Pastries courtesy of Novel NoDa, Smelly Cat Coffee and Amelies Bakery
- Approximately 10 a.m.: Brief ribbon cutting ceremony and first ride performed by CATS and the NoDa Neighborhood Association
- 10 am. to 11 a.m.: Special Appearance by the Charlotte Hornets Honeybees
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.: Food Trucks & NoDa Local Brewery Tents
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Live music by See Water
- 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Live music by Swim in the Wild
- 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.: Special appearance by Hugo the Hornets and the Honeybees
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.: My Sausage Buddy
- 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Fish and Chips Charlotte