Charlotte Black Dogs is a non-profit organization that promotes awareness and eduction about Black Dog Syndrome. Black Dog Syndrome describes the the difficulty that black dogs face in shelters. They are statistically less likely to be adopted and more likely to be euthanized as a result.
Charlotte Black Dogs presents several events throughout the year, the biggest event being Paws in the Park, a free festival that takes place every spring.
National Black Dog Day is October 1st, 2022, and Charlotte Black Dogs is celebrating by offering free pictures of dogs at Cotswold Farmers Market, 309 S Sharon Amity Road, Charlotte, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This event has been rescheduled to October 8th, 2022, because of the weather!
There will be a fall-themed backdrop, and you’re welcome to bring your dogs (any color, shape and size) to get their pictures taken, in costume if you’d like.
Since this is an outdoor event, it’s weather-dependent.
Please bring only well-behaved dogs, and please don’t bring your dog on a retractable leash.
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Charlotte on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and we are not always notified. It's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
You might also be interested in:
- Subscribing to Charlotte on the Cheap's email list
- Best skyline views in Charlotte for photos
- Best food and drink deals in Charlotte
- 50+ walks and hikes in and near Charlotte
- 5 cat cafes in Charlotte
- Resources for pet owners in Charlotte
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Charlotte art museums, galleries and events
- Charlotte on the Cheap events calendar
- Charlotte area farmers markets