The 600 Festival is launching a new gaming competition, Motor Mania, where high school students have the chance to win a $1,000 scholarship.
The competition is presented by Circle K. There is no cost to compete.
The gaming tournament, presented by Circle K, invites high school seniors from Mecklenburg, Iredell and Cabarrus Counties to compete against each other for a chance to win $2,000 in scholarship dollars ($1,000 to each winning team member), as well as an opportunity to compete against the pros.
The event, which will focus on Rocket League, can host up to 32 high school seniors. It will take place over five days, starting Wednesday, May 26. Over the first three days, the seniors will compete in 2v2 rounds leading up to the PRO-AM on Saturday, May 29, in which the final 4 teams will be paired with a professional Rocket League player for a 3v3 tourney. All of this leads to the Grand Finals, which will take place on Sunday, May 30.
Motor Mania will take place at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. In lieu of a live audience, Motor Mania will be streamed live online, via the 600 Festival social media channels. Participation for the event is first come, first served, and interested gamers can register via the Motor Mania website.
More Info about Motor Mania
- This event is an invitational only event for high school students in the surrounding region!
- The main event begins on Wednesday, May 26th and runs through Sunday, May 30th.
- Hosted at the Charlotte Motor Speedway!
- There will be a $2,000 SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE POOL
- Family and friends will be able to watch from the infield of the Charlotte Motor Speedway on the big screen!
- Custom designed stage for all play
- Professionally broadcasted via Stay Plugged IN and CSM Production
- PRO-AM Day on Saturday! Compete with professional Rocket League players from the Charlotte Phoenix.