Mission City Church, 608 Valleydale Road, is presenting a local artisan marketplace once a month all summer.
Mission City Marketplace will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the following dates in 2019:
- Saturday, May 11th
- Saturday, June 8th
- Saturday, July 13
- Saturday, August 10th
The events include Wolfie’s BBQ outside, and a marketplace and coffee shop inside the fellowship hall.
It’s free to attend.
Here’s some of what you’ll find at the July 13th event:
- Francis + Benedict wax print skirts made in Togo
- Beaded purses made by orphans from Home of Love Orphanage in Uganda
- Local refugee-made knitted goods from Refugee Support Services in Charlotte
- Handmade soaps
- String instruments
- Christian novels
- Crocheted goods
- Knitted goods
- Locally made preserves and kitchen goods
- Leather crafts
- Home decor
- Pallet wood creations,
- Greeting cards
- Wooden bowls
- Church bake sale for Operation Christmas Child boxes