MakerSpace Charlotte is a community where makers, programmers, scientists, engineers, students and creative minds have access to an unbelievable amount of equipment and building space.
The 2700 square foot space is at 900 Pressley Road, which is in Southwest Charlotte, convenient to I-77.
Members get 24-hour, keyed access to the building and the tools within it. You’ll need to learn how to use the tools, or demonstrate that you already know how. Some of the areas are open to all ages, and some require an adult to accompany people under 18.
It’s an environment where you’ll have access not only to equipment you’d never otherwise get to use, but also to the support and expertise of a wide array of some of the most creative people in Charlotte. If you don’t know how to do something, you’re almost guaranteed to find someone who can.
- 3D Printing
- Laser Lab
- Crafts/Ceramics (including pottery wheels and kilns)
- Fabrication and Metal Shop
- Wood Shop
- X-Carve CNC / ShopBot CNC Mill
MakerSpace Charlotte holds classes that are open to both members and non-members, with members receiving a discount. See the list of upcoming classes on the MakerSpace Charlotte Eventbrite calendar.
Some upcoming classes:
- Play in Clay
- Wood Shop 101
- Intro to Laser Cutting and Engraving
- 2-Day Slip Transfer Workshop (Ceramics)
- Wood Joinery with the PantoRouter
- Intro to 3D Filament Printing
- Beginning Wood Lathe
- Beginning Pottery on the Wheel
Every Wednesday, from 7 to 9 p.m., MakerSpace Charlotte holds an open house where you can get a tour of the whole facility and see some of the things that members have created. You’ll likely see some members working on projects in various parts of the facility.
The free Open House is currently scheduled on Eventbrite every Wednesday through February 8th, 2023, but it’s ongoing. Register here.
The projects that members have created are endless, creative and inventive. Follow MakerSpace Charlotte on Instagram for inspiration.
Please contact MakerSpace Charlotte with questions about membership.
To learn more, follow them on Facebook.
MakerSpace Charlotte is a non-profit organizations. Donations are welcome.
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Charlotte on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and we are not always notified. It's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
You might also be interested in:
- Subscribing to Charlotte on the Cheap's email list
- Best skyline views in Charlotte for photos
- Best food and drink deals in Charlotte
- 50+ walks and hikes in and near Charlotte
- 5 cat cafes in Charlotte
- Resources for pet owners in Charlotte
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Charlotte art museums, galleries and events
- Charlotte on the Cheap events calendar
- Charlotte area farmers markets