The Listening Room is an open mic hosted by the Cabarrus Arts Council. It takes place at Davis Theatre, 65 Union Street South, in downtown Concord.
Singer-songwriter David Domingo, of the band Fuzzbucket Music Company, hosts the event and works with the Cabarrus Arts Council to help choose the acts
It’s free to attend, or “pay what you can.”
The next two Listening Room events are:
Thursday, March 8th, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 10th, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Interested in performing? Here are the guidelines:
The Listening Room at The Davis is a chance for local performers to appear on the Davis Theatre stage. We encourage all levels of performers, whether novice or expert, to share their talent in front of a friendly audience.
- Click here to submit an audio file of your performance for review.
- The Listening Room takes place four times each year. Dates are announced on the Cabarrus Arts Council’s website. Performances begin at 7:30 PM. Closing time is 9:00 PM. Audiences pay what they wish. Performers are free.
- To be considered for a performance slot, you must email Performing Arts Director Bunny Nash at Bunny@CabarrusArtsCouncil.org, and include links to online performance information – for example: Facebook pages, websites and YouTube videos.
- Although music is our focus, poetry, comedy, dance and performance art is encouraged.
- David Domingo serves as Host for the evening and sets the line-up and rules for the performers.
- The Davis Theatre provides 3 microphones, 3 inputs, mic stands, and the house sound system.
- Please! No drum kits. Hand drums are acceptable. Do not bring amplifiers. Instruments must be plugged into house sound board. We have volume restrictions and can handle acoustic guitars, electric guitars, keyboards, electric mandolin, even a bass guitar.
- Those who bring their instruments may sit in the front row for an opportunity to be chosen to perform on stage.
- Selected performers will be given a length of time for their performance – usually 5-10 minutes.
- Please remember that The Davis Theatre is a family environment. No profanity, adult content, or “Rated-R” materials.
- Inappropriate performances will be cut short without warning and noted for future reference.
- Have a great time and bring friends. These are casual, fun evenings and we want everyone to feel welcome.