The next Jazz at the Bechtler concert features Ziad Jazz Quartet
It will take place Friday, January 4, 2018, at 6 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. The cost of tickets is $16 for the general public, and $10 for museum members.
Concerts are performed at 6 and 8:15 p.m. with no intermissions. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for the 6 p.m. concert and 7:45 p.m. for the 8:15 p.m. concert. General seating is first come, first served. Enjoy light bites and a cash-only bar. Standing room only is available after all seats are claimed.
All the merriment of the season is over and it’s back to the same old routine. Blah. It’s hard not to get the blues so why fight it? Come out and hear the Ziad Jazz Quartet perform post-holiday blues. The song selections include Eye of the Hurricane by Herbie Hancock, Zambia by Lee Morgan and Frame For The Blues by Jimmy McGriff.
The Ziad Jazz Quartet will also welcome drummer Kobie Watkins to perform with them for this concert. He has toured or recorded with Sonny Rollins, Kurt Elling, Curtis Fuller, Arturo Sandoval, George Coleman, Ira Sullivan and Sonny Fortune to name a few.
Future Jazz at the Bechtler concerts in 2018/2019
All take place at 6 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
- September 6th, 2018.: Tribute to Bud Powell
- October 5th, 2018: Russell Malone
- November 2nd, 2018: Smokin’ Saxophones
- December 7th, 2018: Holiday Jazz IX: Jingle Bell Jazz
- January 4th, 2019: Post Holiday Blues IX: Many Shades of Blue
- February 1st, 209: Jazz for Lovers featuring Toni Tupponce
- March 1st, 2019: T.S. Monk
- April 5th, 2019: Miles 1958
- May 3rd, 2019: Nicolas Bearde
- June 7th, 2019: Latin Jazz