For the first time, Camp North End, 400 Camp Road, Charlotte, North Carolina, is hosting ice skating! The outdoor ice skating rink is at “Camp North Pole” from Wednesday, November 22, to Sunday, January 7, 2024. It will be open every day. (Except if it’s closed due to inclement weather.)
Cost of Ice Skating
General admission is $15 for adults and $10 for kids ages 5 and under. General admission includes skate rental. You can wear your own skates, but you don’t get a discount.
The Ford Factory has been transformed into The Lodge at Camp North End. It is decorated as a cozy chalet with a variety of comfortable seating. NoDa Company Canteen will be serving up seasonal drinks and snacks daily at The Ford Factory. There will also be winter movie nights and other activities through the season.
Learn about all the places for outdoor ice skating this season in the Charlotte area!
Hours of Ice Skating
- Monday to Thursday: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. 9 p.m.
The hours are different on holidays:
- Thanksgiving Break (November 22 to 25): 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Christmas Eve (December 24): 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Winter Break (December 20 to January 2, except for Christmas Eve): 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Check out our huge day-by-day list of holiday events in the Charlotte area! We update it every day!
For more information, go to camp.nc/iceskating/.
What Else is Happening?
There is a lot to do at Camp North End! On December 2, 9, and 16, 2023, enjoy Mistletoe Market from 3 to 8 p.m. Mistletoe features a curated vendor market, Camp North Pole igloos, fire pits, live music, photo opportunities and more.
On December 9, from 3 to 5 p.m., Camp North End will be filled with adorable dogs in sweaters and costumes for the Reindeer Parade.
Where to Park at Camp North End
There is a lot of free parking at Camp North End, but you can expect big crowds during Mistletoe Markets and other events, so if you can rideshare or carpool, you should.
- 120 Razades Way – Parking Garage – Free for first 3 hours; $4 per every additional hour (ADA Accessible)
- 1724 Statesville Ave. – Surface Parking Lot – FREE (ADA Accessible)
- 1801 N. Graham St. – Surface Parking Lot – FREE (ADA Accessible)
More Holiday Events
Check out our growing day-by-day list of holiday events in the Charlotte area or see a few here.