Historic Rural Hill, 4431 Neck Road, Huntersville, is a historic site and nature preserve. Rural Hill was the homestead of one of the signers of the Meklenburg Declaration of Independence, John Davidson. Read all about Rural Hill’s history here.
On September 4th and 5th, 2021, Historic Rural Hill is hosting The Battle of Charlotte, a living history event. In addition, Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze will be open. Tickets sold separately.
The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.
- Saturday only (child 5-12): $12 ($15 at the gate)
- Sunday only (child 5-12): $8 ($10 at the gate)
- Weekend pass (child 5-12): $20 ($25 at gate)
- Saturday only (adult 13+): $18 ($20 at the gate)
- Sunday only (adult 13+): $13 ($15 at the gate)
- Weekend pass (adult 13+): $25 ($30 at gate)
- Celtic concert only: $10
- Amazing Maize ticket (adult 13+): $10
- Amazing Maize ticket (child 5-12): $8
Saturday tickets include admission to the Celtic concert on Saturday night, which is at 6 p.m.
The event will include reenactments of three different Revolutionary War battles, one of which took place partially at Rural Hill.
Learn about the African American experience with the Slave Dwelling Project, which will also be on site at this time.
In addition, the weekend will feature:
- Kids’ drill
- Weapons demonstrations
- Artillery demonstrations
- Camp life