City Barbeque is opening its newest location, at 8947 JM Keynes Drive, in Shoppes at University Place. They’re celebrating with a free grand opening event on Saturday, June 24th from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Here’s what’s going on:
- Free samples of brisket, turkey and pork
- Appearances by Sir Purr, Carolina Panthers Top Cats and Purrcussion Drumline between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Rib eating contest at 1 p.m. between Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and the Charlotte Fire Department Station 27
- 10% of all sales will go to YMCA Miracle League.
- City Barbeque t-shirts on sale for $3. Proceeds go to YMCA Miracle League.
- The celebration continues with live music on the patio from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Check out the menu. Besides the brisket and pork, it includes smoked sausage, chicken, turkey, fries, gumbo, hushpuppies, mac and cheese, collards, cornbread and more.
City Barbeque’s other Charlotte area location is 11212 Providence Rd West, in the Ballantyne area and 1514 Galleria Boulevard, Matthews.