Camp North End, 1824 Statesville Avenue, will be holding Friday Nights at Camp North End again in 2019.
Friday Nights at Camp North End is scheduled for every Friday from May 10th to November 1st, 2019, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
It’s free to attend.
There’s beer, a food truck or two, and a band (or more than one band), plus other surprises. There’s lots of seating, some big swings, and a large paved area where kids can play and draw with sidewalk chalk.
- Music: DJ set by Claudio Rafael (Chocala Music)
- Momo Truck
- Chilaka tacolab
- Birch Fine Tea
- NoDa Company Canteen
- Weekly Walking Tour leaves the water tower at 5
- TRICK OR TREAT along the Raceway from 6-7
- Dia De Los Casi Muertos “Day of the Almost Dead” multimedia experience 6-10
- MacFly Fresh Printing Co. screen printing custom tees and posters + NextGen America voter registration
- Rooted Rethinkery open house
- Tent Studios group photo exhibition until 10
- Free SMORES at the fire pit!
- #Battlewalls on view
- Goodyear Arts presents XOXO_Ensemble Performance at 8
One great feature is the NoDa Company Canteen, from the folks that run NoDa Company Store. They will have the official tiki bar, where they’ll serve all kinds of great drinks.
Last year they also offered free walking tours every Friday at 4 p.m. (We’ll update about that for this year when know.)
Check out Camp North End’s Facebook page each week for details on the bands, food trucks and other special activities. We’ll update here as well when we hear.
More about Camp North End
Camp North End is a “new old” place. Ford Motor Company built it in 1924 as manufactured Model T and Model A automobiles there. After that it was used by the U.S. Army as a missile assembly and storage space. It’s got an interesting history.
I had a chance to visit and take some pictures. Read more about it here and look at some pictures.
Now it’s being developed by ATCO for offices, event space, retail, artist studios and public gathering space, all the while preserving the historical space.