TreesCharlotte, an organization dedicated to increasing Charlotte’s tree canopy, holds several free TreeStores every year. At these events, Charlotte residents can receive free trees, as well as training on how to care for them.
These aren’t little saplings. The trees are 6 to 10 feet tall, in 7-gallon containers. You’ll also get two bags of mulch.
Here are the currently scheduled 2019/2020 TreeStores. They are free to attend. Some are for the whole city, and some are for particular zip codes.
Spring is in the Air Citywide TreeStore
Saturday, March 28th, 2020
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
TreesCharlotte HQ, 701 Tuckaseegee Road
UPDATE: This event has been postponed.
Everybody is welcome and every tree must go! This is TreesCharlotte’s season closer and it will be big, as always.
- Three trees per address, as long as one of them is designated a canopy-builder.
TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach their goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. They therefore limit our efforts to expand the canopy within Charlotte’s city limits and limit participation to Charlotte residents only (unfortunately, they do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
- Proof of Charlotte residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) must be shown at the event in order to participate.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form (mandatory) and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- At the TreeStore, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree education is mandatory for everyone.
- We cannot guarantee species type or quantities.
Trees are in 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall, and will not be reserved or transported.