WDAV Classical Public Radio is presenting Small Batch Concert Series.
The concerts have taken place at Free Range Brewing, 2320 North Davidson Street, but the October 15th one is taking place in Davidson.
The concerts features talented chamber ensembles in a relaxed setting.
The concerts are free to attend, but $8 gets you the concert, a pint glass and a Free Range Brewing beer.
Small Batch Concert
10 Years of Concierto
Tuesday, October 15th, 2019
Doors open at 4 p.m.
Music begins at 5:30 p.m.
The Hurt Hub @ Davidson College, 210 Delburg Street, Davidson
Free, but $8 gets you a Concierto glass with beer
Seating is general admission and limited, so you should try to arrive early.
WDAV’s ground-breaking program Concíerto is turning 10 and we’re throwing a Small Batch concert to celebrate. Oskar Espina Ruiz and Friends will perform a program filled with a diverse program of works by Latin American composers, from beloved Piazzolla and Villa-Lobos to groundbreaking innovators such as Alfonso Fuentes, and Orlando Jacinto García. The concert is FREE and we’ll be selling a limited edition Concierto pint glass that comes filled with a beer from Free Range Brewing, which you can pre-purchase here.
Concíerto, the first and only program of its kind, features music performed or composed by Latin American and Spanish musicians, and is presented in Spanish and in English. Concíerto is carried by more than 45 stations around the U.S. and Puerto Rico. It airs Sundays at 10 p.m. on 89.9 WDAV and wdav.org.
- Oskar Espina Ruiz, Clarinet
- Joseph Pecoraro, Guitar
- Tadeu Coelho, Flute (solo and with Anima Vox Duo)
- Carole Ott, Voice (Anima Vox Duo)
- Gismonti: “Agua e vino” for guitar
- Alan Hirsh: “3 pieces” for guitar
(Mountain Air; Memories; Pastorale)
- Astor Piazzolla: Café 1930, arr. for clarinet and guitar, from History of Tango
- Orlando Jacinto García (b. 1954): Multiple Voices, for clarinet solo (2002)
- Heitor Villa-Lobos: Choros No. 2 for flute and clarinet
- Heitor Villa-Lobos: Aria from Bachianas Brasilieras No. 5, arr. for flute and guitar
Alfonso Fuentes (b. 1954): Clamor de piel pandero (Moan of the frame drum skin), from Voces del Barrio (Voices from the Latin ghetto) for clarinet solo (2006)
- Adriana Romero (b. 1975): Poemas Obscuros (2018), for soprano, flutes and percussion instruments (for Anima Vox Duo) (2018)
- Eduardo Gamboa (b. 1960): Machincuepa (2018), for soprano and flute (for Anima Vox Duo)
More upcoming free music events
Monday, October 14, 2019
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Thursday, October 17, 2019
Friday, October 18, 2019
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Sunday, October 20, 2019
Monday, October 21, 2019
Wednesday, October 23, 2019