The Levine Museum of the New South is offering free admission on Monday, January 20th, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Legacy Celebration.
The event includes honors Dr. King’s life, legacy and the pursuit of civil and human rights through performances, children’s activities and exhibits.
You can also visit all the exhibits in the museum for free.
Some of what’s going on:
- Children’s story time
- Theater performance
- Arts and crafts
Enjoy performances by:
- The Worship for the Healing Arts
- McCrorey African Drummers
- Westside Cultural Arts
- Dancing Stories with Life as Art Productions
- Bright Star Touring Theatre
Schedule for MLK Day Legacy Celebration at Levine Museum of the New South
- 10:15 a.m.: Storytime (Turner, 2nd floor)
- 10:30 a.m.: Worship for the Healing Arts (Atrium, 1st floor)
- 11:10 a.m.: McCorey African Drummers (Atrium)
- 11:45 a.m.: Storytime (Turner)
- 12:30 p.m.: Westside Cultural Arts (Atrium)
- 1:15 p.m.: Bright Star Touring Theatre (Atrium)
- 2:45 p.m.: Life as Art Productions (Atrium)
Bright Star Touring Theatre will be performing “Meet Dr. King.”Their description of the play:
Follow along as the play takes us from Dr. King’s life as just a young boy experiencing racism for the first time, to meeting his wife, Coretta, to becoming a pastor and finally a national inspiration.
Park in 7th Street Station and bring your parking ticket to the museum for free parking.
More MLK events in the Charlotte area
Check out our list of MLK events in Charlotte, or look at some of them here: