Charlotte Folk Society’s next free gathering will take place Friday, June 14th, 2019, at Great Aunt Stella Center, 926 Elizabeth Avenue. Charlotte Folk Society Gatherings are family-friendly and free.
Donations are appreciated. The hat will be passed, and $10 is suggested.
- 5:40 p.m.: Food truck service starts: Carolina Moon
- 6 p.m.: Bluegrass and acoustic jams start
- 7 p.m.: Doors to auditorium open (it’s strongly suggested that you arrive early)
- 7:30 p.m.: The concert starts
- After concert: Refreshments in the cafe, plus jams, song circle, singer songwriter group, and Appalachian Dulcimer workshop
June 14: The Briarhoppers
This iconic Charlotte band will be celebrating their 85th anniversary as a band at the CFS Gathering. The Briarhoppers the longest lived bluegrass band ever! This will not only be a celebration of music, but of those old radio shows that originated right here in the Queen City.
The event is free and family friendly, but donations are appreciated and essential to presenting the concert series in the Stella Center. A $10 per person donation would be appreciated.
Accessible entry and an elevator are available through the ground-level door. Free parking is available adjacent to the Stella Center.
Monthly second-Friday Charlotte Folk Society Gatherings are family-friendly and free; donations are appreciated. Free parking is available in the 4th St. Mecklenburg County parking deck, between Kings Dr. and McDowell St. Accessible entry.