Charlotte-based singer/songwriter Arsena Schroeder, of Dear Soul Music Co., is leading a free 12-week creativity course.
It takes place on Saturdays from September 7th to November 23rd, 2019, at Steele Creek Public Libary, 13620 Steele Creek Road.
The ‘Artist’s Way Creative Clusters’ is a 12-week program based off of Julia Cameron’s best-selling book called, “The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity”.
The Artist’s Way, originally written in 1992, is an invaluable guide to living the artist’s life.
The Creative Clusters serve as a weekly gathering for blocked, aspiring, and emerging creatives of all mediums looking to explore their greatest creative potential.
The Artist’s Way is a distillate of forty years of artistic practice. It is an experiential book intended to teach people to process and transform life through acts of creative action, as opposed to through theory.
Artists of all creative mediums are welcome. Free copies of the book will be available.
Be sure to register by August 25 for a copy.
A limited edition of copies is also available for check out at Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Libraries.
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron will serve as the primary source of content with the following weekly topics/chapters:
- Week 1: Recovering a Sense of Safety
- Week 2: Recovering a Sense of Identity
- Week 3: Recovering a Sense of Power
- Week 4: Recovering a Sense of Integrity
- Week 5: Recovering a Sense of Possibility
- Week 6: Recovering a Sense of Abundance
- Week 7: Recovering a Sense of Connection
- Week 8: Recovering a Sense of Strength
- Week 9: Recovering a Sense of Compassion
- Week 10: Recovering a Sense of Self-Protection
- Week 11: Recovering a Sense of Autonomy
- Week 12: Recovering a Sense of Faith
For questions or more information, please contact Arsena Schroeder, firstname.lastname@example.org or Monica Jackson, adult services librarian at Steele Creek Public Library, 704-416-6823 or email@example.com.