Charlotte Mecklenburg Library is going to begin to phase in services on Monday, June 1st, 2020.
The opening will be gradual, with virtual-only services transitioning to in-person services in a responsible way.
The libraries will open during their regular summer hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Charlotte Mecklenburg Library expects the first phase of its re-opening to last three to four weeks.
During this time you’ll find:
- Limited services: holds pick-up and returns only
- Self check-out
- Space inside the front entrance of each branch to serve one customer at a time
- A line outside, with six feet between people
- All library staff will wear face coverings
- Customers are encouraged to wear face coverings
- Fines and fees are suspended during this time
- Borrowed items will be held for three days upon return, before they are checked in. Please don’t clean or sanitize your items either after you pick them up or before you drop them off. They will wait three days between contact with customers.
What will not be available during this time:
- Computer rooms
- Community rooms
- In-person events
This is a good time to revisit all that Charlotte Mecklenburg Library offers you online. We’ve written up an extensive description of Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s online services, but here are just a few of the highlights:
- You can get a library card online
- Borrow eBooks and audiobooks
- Browse issues of popular magazines
- Watch movies
- Download or stream music
- Prepare for your driving test
- Learn a foreign language
- Explore census records, birth, marriage and death records, land records, tax lists and more
Virtual events will continue, including storytimes, homework help, career coaching, reading buddies, book a librarian, and much more. You can find a list of virtual events here.Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap