Monuments and Movements is an evening of stories as told by by Monroe residents who had front-row seats to the civil rights movement that played out in their beloved city.
Learn more about Black History Month in Charlotte!
Having lived experiences in Monroe, storytellers will share difficult yet powerful stories of the past. The retelling will teach the young and remind the old of the ongoing need for awareness and empathy to honor the legacy of black pioneers.
This is a free event on February 17th, 2023, at 7 p.m. It takes place at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 700 E Sunset Drive, Monroe, North Carolina.
Please reserve your seat here.
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Charlotte on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and we are not always notified. It's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
You might also be interested in:
- Subscribing to Charlotte on the Cheap's email list
- Best skyline views in Charlotte for photos
- Best food and drink deals in Charlotte
- 50+ walks and hikes in and near Charlotte
- 5 cat cafes in Charlotte
- Resources for pet owners in Charlotte
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Charlotte art museums, galleries and events
- Charlotte on the Cheap events calendar
- Charlotte area farmers markets
More Black History Month events in Charlotte
Check out our list of Black history sites and events in Charlotte, or look at a quick list here: