Amelie’s French Bakery is hosting a free event, Dessert & A Show: Cake Throwdown, at its Uptown location, 380 S. College Street, on Tuesday, May 21st, 2019, at 6 p.m.
This is a cake decorating competition between Amelie’s team of chefs. It’s a partner competition, so there will be a chef and sous chef from each bakery competing.
The competition consists of two rounds where either the chef or the sous chef will be asked to decorate a cake both inside and outside with vanilla buttercream frosting.
There will be a surprise twist to the second round.
After the competition, cake will be shared with all who attend.
The cake will be judged on the following criteria:
- Speed: meaning the amount of time to complete
- Cake being fully covered with buttercream
- No crumbs in the icing
- Clean edges
- Piping: letter and borders
The winning chef of Round 1 will receive a cash prize of $100.
The winning chef of Round 2 will receive a cash prize of $50.
Participating Bakeries & Chefs:
- NoDa: Summer M. & Megan J.
- Carmel Commons: Maggie Winslow & Ally
- Park Road: John T. & Gabbi
- Rock Hill: Briana A. & Joleen U.
- Uptown: Hillary D. & Sara
- Mary Jayne, Operations Director and Executive Chef
- Sarah Britton, Director of Operations/ FOH
- Brenda Ische, Designer