The Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte is presenting Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill from January 16th to February 8th, 2020.
The performances take place at Queen University’s Hadley Theater, 2132 Radcliff Avenue.
Philadelphia, 1959. Billie Holiday is giving one of her last performances, a riveting portrait of the lady and her music mere months before her death.
Regular tickets are $30, with half price tickets for students, teachers, military members and the Queens University community.
- Student/Teacher pricing requires a school ID in good, legible condition. One ticket for each ID. All students and teachers are eligible.
- Military pricing requires a Military ID or a Veteran designation on license. Active duty military is allowed to bring any immediate family at this price. One ticket available for each veteran ID.
- Queens Community refers to current students, faculty and staff of Queens University. Valid ID is required.
There are also three nights when you can save on tickets.
- Thursday, January 16th, 7:30 p.m.: Pay What You Can
- Friday, January 17th, 8 p.m.: Preview Night — 50% off standard tickets
- Saturday, January 18th, 8 p.m.: Preview Night — 50% off standard tickets
On Pay What You Can night, there are no advance sales. All sales must be done in person at the box office the evening of the performance. It’s recommended that you arrive by 7 p.m. because many Pay What You Can performances sell out.
The suggested ticket price is $10, but it truly is Pay What You Can. Any amount is accepted without judgment. You may pay by cash or credit card.
For the two half-price Preview Nights, you can order tickets in advance. On those nights the student, teacher, military and Queens Community discounts also apply, bringing the price to $15 for the general public, and to $7.50 for the above groups.
On the half-price Preview Nights, you can also save 50%, but there are no additional discounts available on those tickets.