UPDATE: The winner is Louise C! Congratulations, Louise!
Just in time for the holidays, one lucky Charlotte on the Cheap reader will win a $50 gift certificate to any Goodwill of the Southern Piedmont store. The gift card will be good at any of the 21 retail stores, including Computer Works and Freedom Drive Outlet (aka “the mothership.”) If you want to keep up on sales and news, subscribe to Goodwill’s blog. I do!
We all know about the awesome finds you come across at Goodwill, but for a moment I want to talk about some of the good reasons to donate.
The mission of Goodwill is to help prepare people enter the workforce. No matter where you are politically, consider this: Goodwill is truly a “teach a man to fish” kind of operation. People gain dignity and self-respect as they are able to contribute to the community and provide for themselves and their families. When your donated goods are sold to customers, you’re not only giving customers a chance to get great deals (and maybe on items they couldn’t otherwise afford) but you’re helping people get job training. Read some of Goodwill’s success stories.
Why else should you donate? Here are a few reasons:
- Get that end of year tax donation.
- It doesn’t fit you. Seriously, it doesn’t.
- Your father just moved up from Florida and shipped every one of his belongings to a much smaller apartment and how many wine glasses and phones does one person actually need anyway?
- To make room for something you like better.
Now, for the contest. The contest will end on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012. The randomly selected winner will be emailed and will have 72 hours to respond with a mailing address. If after 72 hours the winner has not responded, an alternate will be selected.
- Be an email subscriber of Charlotte on the Cheap. Email subscribers get one email, around 9am, with a list of posts from the last 24 hours. Addresses are never spammed, shared or sold. If you’re not a subscriber yet, you can sign up now. Make sure to check your inbox and spam folder after you sign up because you’ll have to confirm your registration.
- Leave a comment to this post saying what you plan to donate this season.