UPDATE: Lynda Anderson is the winner! Congratulations! And thanks to everyone for entering. IKEA has become the go-to place in Charlotte for economical furniture, organizational supplies, kitchen accessories and just about anything you need for your home. If you have a small living space, the showrooms will convince you that you can make your space work in an attractive and comfortable way. If you use the “archaeological method” of organization in your home office, IKEA’s collection of matching boxes and folders, all of which fit perfectly into inexpensive wooden bookshelves, will inspire you to get your act together. It’s that sense of inspiration (well, and maybe also the maze-like structure) that causes IKEA visitors to lose their sense of time.
So it’s good to know that your appetite for food can be satisfied as easily, and as affordably, as your appetite for sleek coffee tables and patterned rugs. Between the restaurant, bistro and Swedish food market, you will find great deals whether you want to take a shopping break or bring your meatballs home. Here are a few ways to save (and then I promise I’ll tell you about the gift card contest.)
- At the Swedish market, buy a 40 oz. package of meatballs, one 1.5 lb. package of mashed potatoes made with Russet and red skin potatoes, a two-pack of cream sauce, and a FREE freezer bag for just $9.99 ($3.57 off) until the end of May.
- Kids 12 and under eat free in the restaurant Tuesdays in April after 11am.
- Mondays, eat breakfast in the restaurant for free until 11am.
- Every Thursday and Saturday in April, eat for free in the restaurant by spending $150 in the store and then deducting the cost of your meal from your store receipt upon checking out.
Win a $100 IKEA gift card
One Charlotte on the Cheap reader will win a $100 IKEA gift card. Here’s how to enter.
- You must be an email subscriber to Charlotte on the Cheap. Email subscribers receive one email every morning with links to all the posts from the previous 24 hours. Your email is never shared, spammed or sold, and it’s free to subscribe.
- Leave a comment to this post. You can say anything you want in the post. I’m listening.
- Please enter only once.
- The winner will be randomly selected from eligible entries on Thursday, April 25th, 2013. I will email you and you’ll need to respond with your mailing address within 48 hours.
Please tell your friends about Charlotte on the Cheap and encourage them to subscribe as well. The more readers we have, the more deals and contests we can offer. Thanks!