Veterans, families, and community members are invited to a Vietnam Veterans Homecoming Celebration at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Saturday, March 31st, 2012, from 9am to 4:30pm. This long overdue welcome will honor Vietnam veterans, who did not receive the welcome that they deserved when they returned home.
The event is open to the public, but make sure to reserve your tickets now through the above link. The first 4,500 Veterans to arrive will receive a free lunch complimentary of Golden Corral.
The festivities will include:
• Live music from Charlie Daniels Band, Oak Ridge Boys, George Clinton, Rockie Lynne, The 82nd Airborne Division “All American” Chorus, and The 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing Band.
• U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute demonstration
• Flag Story from U.S. Army Color Guard and Flag Troops
• U.S. Marine Corps Armored Vehicles
• U.S. Navy Suburban Recruiting Vehicles
• U.S. Air Force Flyover
• Coast Guard Static Displays
• The American Veterans Traveling Tribute, an 80 percent replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
• Information tables and assistance from the Department of Veterans Affairs
• World War II Half Track
• Numerous displays from North Carolina based Veteran Service Organizations
• A host of non-profit organizations devoted to supporting military members, veterans, and their families
• American Red Cross
• Displays featuring David Kennerly’s Pulitzer prize-winning portfolio of combat photos from the Vietnam conflict.
• Various Vietnam-era helicopters provided by the NC Vietnam Pilots Association
• Coca-Cola Family Fun Zone where Coca-Cola will provide a variety of entertainment for the whole family including interactive games, the Coca-Cola NASCAR Show car, driving simulators and video game cans all free during the event.