Every year Southern Korean Presbyterian Church, 3619 McKee Road, hosts a fundraising event, Taste of Korea. This year it will take place Saturday, March 25th, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Volunteers cook a wide selection of Korean foods and serve guests at tables. It’s free to attend and items range from $5 to $15. No tips required.
Some of the items on the menu:
- Bulgogi Beef: Sweet Korean sauce Marinated beef
- Tonkatsu: Fried pork cutlet
- Spicy Soft Tofu Soup
- Pork Vegetable Soup
- Spice Rice Cakes
- Odeng on Stick: Skewered fish cake in broth
- Sweet Pancakes
- Kimbap: Sushi rolls with veggies and egg
- Bibimbap: Rice with assorted veggies and an egg
You can also get a meat sampler or an assortment of Korean snack dishes.
Click on the picture below to see the menu:
It’s suggested that you come early because many of the items sell out every year.
All proceeds that are raised will go to support the church’s mission trip to Honduras and India.