The Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Academy offers a free one-week hands-on training course for interested high school students. There are two sessions: July 8th – 12th and August 12th – 16th. Topics covered include team building, crime scene investigation, criminal investigation, defensive tactics, traffic stops, building searches, physical fitness, suspect encounters, demos from different units and the responsibilities of wearing the badge. The course takes place at Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Academy, 1770 Shopton Road, each day from 7:45am to 4pm.
Applications are due very soon: Friday, May 31st. To get an application, contact Officer Tom Allen at 704-432-0432 or email@example.com.
- Must be a resident of Mecklenburg County
- Must be at least 14 years of age and in the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade as of August 2013
- No Arrests.
- No out of school suspensions in the last two years.
- Must maintain a “C” average or better.
- Must be willing to participate in all activities (Academic and Physical).
- Can not have attended a previous CMPD High School Academy