Festival in the Park returns to Freedom Park on Friday, September 21st, through Sunday, September 23th, 2012. This popular festival, in its 48th year, has grown to include more than 1,000 entertainers on several stages.
Friday, September 21 – 4 pm- 9:30 pm
Saturday, September 22 – 10 am – 9:30 pm
Sunday, September 23- 11 am – 6 pm
To see the whole schedule, visit Festival in the Park’s website, but here are a few highlights.
Main Stage: Features bands playing country, jazz/folk, blues, classic rock, contemporary jazz, Celtic music, and more. The headliner act is The Spongetones, who play Saturday at 8pm. Some other highlighted acts are Jim Avett, David Childers and Charlotte Symphony Youth Orchestras.
Charlotte Folk Society Stage: Music, dance, and storytelling from so many folk traditions, including old-time fiddle, bluegrass, Celtic, blues, gospel, folk, and more.
Clown Stage: Clown shows, magic, face-painting, skits, and more.
Magicians’ Stage: Magicians will perform throughout the festival.
Family Fun Zone: Tickets will be sold for a train ride, merry-go-round, Ferris Wheel, inflatable obstacle course, and more.
Plan your trip and parking:
Parking is available Friday after 5pm and all day Saturday and Sunday at:
* CMC Myers Park (East Blvd at Kings Drive)
* Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School (Park Road and Princeton Avenue)
* Myers Park Traditional School (Radcliffe Avenue near Queens Road)
* Cost is $10 per car, proceeds benefit the respective schools.
* Free shuttle transportation with paid parking to Festival.
The “Light Rail” shuttle to Festival in the Park:
* Running from the East/West light rail stop on Camden at West Blvd.
* Shuttle will be running during Festival hours
* Cost is $2.00 per rider